What are the main features of this course?
Students will learn about the different psychological approaches and applications in society.
- Students will conduct their own psychological research using scientific methods.
- Students will explore the motivations behind healthy and unhealthy behaviour.
- Students will examine the different types of mental disorders and understand the factors that may cause mental disorders.
Hours of lessons per week: 5
Indicative group size: 20
How is the course assessed?
- Unit 1: Psychological Approaches and Applications – External written exam, 1.5 hours
- Unit 2: Conducting Psychological Research – Internal coursework module
- Unit 3: Health Psychology External – Written exam, 2 hours
- Unit 4: Introduction to Psychopathology – Internal coursework module
Where can I go next?
- Degree In Bsc Psychology
- Degree in Bsc Criminology
- Career in Clinical Psychology
- Career in Criminal Psychology
- Career in Health Psychology
- Career in Care Services
- Career in Education
- Career in Social Care
I enjoy psychology because it allows me to explore beyond the surface of human behaviour.