What are the main features of this course?
Level 3 Applied Human Biology is equivalent to one A Level qualification. In this course, you will study applied human biology which forms the foundation of the health and health science sectors.
- Principles of Applied Human Biology: Cells, tissues, body systems, genetics and health.
- Practical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases: Characteristics of microorganisms & pathogenicity and transmission, prevention & treatment of disease.
Hours of lessons per week: 5
Indicative group size: 20
How is the course assessed?
The course is assessed through a mixture of methods such as:
- Assignments: Set and marked by JCC Staff
- Tasks: Set and marked by BTEC
- Written Exam: Set and marked by BTEC
Where can I go next?
The qualification carries UCAS points and is recognised by universities for applied human biology/health science courses, if taken alongside other Level 3 qualifications.
- BSc (Hons) in Public Health and Health Promotion, if taken alongside A levels in Psychology and Sociology
- BSc (Hons) in Health Informatics
I love that Biology yields a vast wealth of knowledge. I always look forward to learning a new concept every day and the thrilling laboratory practicals.