“I like that we’re given lots of opportunities in law to practice for the exam as well as do other things like mock trial competitions, trips and guest speakers.”
Applied Law is a qualification for those who are aiming to progress into Higher Education through applied learning. This course will provide you with a basic introduction to the legal sector.
In year one, the content areas you will cover include:
- Dispute Solving in Civil Law.
- Investigating Aspects of Criminal Law and the Legal System.
As well as legal skills, this course will also help develop your:
- Cognitive and problem-solving skills, as you will have to use critical thinking, approach non-routine problems while applying expert and creative solutions, and use systems/technology.
- Intrapersonal skills, as you will communicate, work collaboratively, negotiate/influence, and utilise self-presentation.
- Interpersonal skills, as you will self-manage/self-monitor, become adaptable/resilient, and undergo development.