“Studying IT was the best choice I made. I’ve learnt new skills to solve different technical issues and now have the independence to fix any problems on the computer by myself rather than relying on a technician”
This AS/A-Level in Computer Science will demand both logical discipline and creativity from you throughout the design of algorithms and the writing, testing, and debugging of programs. This course relies on an understanding of the fundamental rules of language while also encouraging and nurturing your awareness of the management and organisation of computer systems. This course will ask you to:
- Understand and apply the fundamental concepts of computer science: abstraction, decomposition, logic, algorithms, and data representation.
- Analyse problems within computational terms through practical experience in solving such problems and writing programs.
- Think creatively, innovatively, analytically, logically, and critically.
- Understand relationships between different aspects of computer science.
- Apply mathematical skills in a computer science context.
- Explore the individual (moral), social (ethical), and legal/cultural opportunities in/risks of digital technology.