Student Financial Support 2021/2022
Students who are aged 19 or under on 31st August 2021 may be eligible for financial support with the costs associated with studying at college. Details of the college’s Bursary scheme has been included below.
You can access the Student Financial Support Policy 2021/2022 here
The college has clear eligibility criteria for all forms of financial support. This includes attendance, punctuality and behaviour expectations. The criteria for applying for financial support is as follows;
- You were 19 or under on 31st August 2021
- You are enrolled on a full-time course at JCC
- Your total household income (where you live) is less than £25,000 p/a (this includes any benefits)
- You have access to public funds
- Your attendance and punctuality meet the college’s expectation of 95%
- There are no behaviour concerns
Please note all funds are subject to availability and are distributed on a first come first served basis
The support categories available to students have been detailed below;
- Free Meals
- Bursary payment – to purchase equipment and materials
- Travel – for students living more than 1 mile away from the College
- Essential IT equipment to enable students to work remotely
- Educational visits and trips (dependent on the availability of funds)
- Exceptional extra costs (UCAS payments, open days etc.)
Eligible students are required to choose either travel, bursary or essential IT equipment
- A daily payment of £3.85 will be allocated each day you are in college. These funds are for the purchase of meals in the colleges catering outlets and if not used will be reallocated to other eligible students.
- Payments for free meals are made via your ID card on a weekly basis. Funds can be used in any of the colleges catering outlets.
- Students on work experience and on trips will be provided with the funds to purchase a meal whilst offsite.
- Eligible students will receive 4 payments of £60 throughout the academic year.
- Travel costs are provided for those students living more than a mile away from the college.
- A payment will be made in the form of an E-ticket or a Swift Card. This will be uploaded to your mobile phone once the application has been approved.
Essential IT Equipment
- Students that do not have the appropriate IT equipment to enable them to study remotely can apply for a laptop/Chrome Book.
- All equipment will be purchased by the college as set up as per the college student computers.
- Students eligible for a £1200 Bursary are as follows;
- Students in care
- Care leavers
- Students receiving Income Support or Universal Credit because they are financially supporting themselves
- Students who are receiving Disability Living Allowance or Personal Independence Payments in their own right as well as Employment and Support Allowance or Universal Credit in their own right
- Students will be provided with a link to an online application form once they have been enrolled at the college.
- The bursary fund may close for applications if the demand on funds is greater than anticipated to ensure that the college is able to financially meet their commitments.
- An application must be completed in full and submitted with the required documentation in order for the application to be considered.
- Funds will not be released until all documentary evidence has been received and the application has been fully approved.