Student Led Enrichment
Student led clubs are back and will take place online using Zoom! They will happen every Thursday, 2.30pm to 3.30pm. Students will be able to access remotely during their home learning week, so the programme will repeat on both P & Q weeks. These opportunities are driven by students and their success will depend upon participants’ communication, commitment and contribution.
Around the World in 30 Days: virtual wellbeing and activeness competition – JCC is signed up to a national competition where students and staff log the miles they have walked, run & cycled on the Strava app. We will be competing against other colleges to see who can log the most miles! Click here for more info.
These are external opportunities for students to independently pursue.
- Paths To Law Virtual Event – by Kalisher Trust and Wadham College. Sign up here.
- CREST Awards – a nationally recognised scheme for student-led project work in the STEM subjects (science, technology, engineering and maths). Find out more here.
- Women’s Enterprise Community Hub – volunteering roles for those over 18 years old. Delivering support services in B12 and local surrounding areas to improve access to mental health services, debt management and facilitate community engagement. Find out more here.
- World Skills UK LIVE – Free Online Careers Talks! Three days of talks from Thursday 26th to Saturday 28th November with some of the UK’s biggest employers. Click here to book your free place and please remember to send a copy of your booking to the email@example.com
- National Citizen Service – the NCS will be in college Thursday 19th & 26th November recruiting for their free, JCC only, December programme. On the 11th & 12th December students will take part in fun activities at JCC and Ackers (outdoor sledging, archery etc.)
- Mindbox: free access for 6 months (normally £9.99/month) – online mental health therapy centre. Sign up to TOTUM to gain free access.
- Future Learn – a huge archive of free courses in all subject areas. Find out more here.
- Aspiring Professionals Programme via the Social Mobility Foundation. APP City supports high achieving students in lower sixth into competitive universities and top professions. Such as Accountancy | Architecture | Banking & Finance | Biology & Chemistry| Business | Digital | Engineering & Physics | Law | Media & Communications | Medicine | Politics | No Preference Find out more here.
- Free online wellbeing activities – https://livingwellconsortium.com/events/